Lance Spracklen, MBB, MPM, PMP, PSM
Lance is a multi-disciplined high potential Program Manager with 15 years of Process Improvement experience. He embraces the culture of change to lead, adapt, and innovate while building partnerships with organizational leaders to increase revenue. Lance takes a triple threat approach to apply his improvement initiatives using Business Analysis, Project Management, and Organizational Change.
Lance organizes small & large diverse teams in Project Management, Engineering, Operations, Software Development, and Process Innovation. By using Lean Six Sigma, Agile, and Traditional Project Management frameworks he can improve processes, increase efficiencies, reduce costs, shorten time-to-market, and deliver value. Lance leads our Process Excellence division as President in addition to managing the company. Certified as a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt (MBB), Master Project Manager (MPM), Project Management Professional (PMP), & Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Lance also leads the training workshops hosted by VQ Management Consulting.
Lance maximizes his efficiency by being highly proficient in the most common business software tools, such as MS Office, MS Project, Visio, Sharepoint, Minitab, TFS, Redmine, Jira, Matlab, and more.
- Lead a Continuous Improvement Program as Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt, managing multiple projects to decrease overall costs by over 10% & increase quality by 5% in 2016-2017.
- Manage a Software groups’ transitions from Waterfall to Agile methodology, reduce costs by over $1.2M annually & decrease overall annual TTM by 5 weeks in 2017.
- Lead the development of a Project Management Information System (PMIS) to integrate Project Management, Time Tracking, Roadmap Forecasting, Process Improvements, Quality Metrics, & Business Intelligence in 2014-2016.
- Developed a Test Automation Strategy to optimize hardware test systems, reduce manual input by 90%, reduce costs by over $200k/yr, decrease TTM by 4 weeks, & increase quality by 20% in 2012-2013.
- Managed a Technology Development Program, including projects in software development, hardware design, and systems automation, with an annual budget of $1M, increasing product quality by 10% in 2011-2012.
- Lead a operations integration project to decrease test floor space by over 90%, saving an estimated $4M annually in 2008-2010.
- Developed Engineering test practices, procedures, strategy, and plans while leading multiple projects to integrate systems tests, software applications & database Mmdels into a unified test suite in 2006-2008.
Areas of Leadership and Expertise
Process Excellence, Business Analysis, Project Management, Organizational Change Management, Management Consulting, Business Process Improvements, Lean Six Sigma, Quality Systems, Business Operations Performance Improvements, Software Development Life Cycle, Risk Mitigation, Value Stream Mapping, Business Strategy Planning, and Mentoring others to become Successful Leaders.